2023 Elk River Writers Workshop Application
To apply for the 2023 Elk River Writers Workshop, fill in all the required fields, then click the orange Submit button. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been submitted successfully.
You must first submit a workshop application BEFORE applying for a scholarship!
The application process opens on October 1, 2022. Workshop applications will be evaluated on the following schedule:
- Received by December 1, notified by January 1.
- Received by February 1, notified by March 1.
- Received by May 1, notified by June 1.
Please review the faculty members' workshop descriptions before choosing your class. These are available at the Elk River Writers Workshop website.
Please note that both Laura Pritchett and Debra Earling's classes currently are full, and have waiting lists.
We are offering scholarships for students in the following areas:
- Western Colorado University Student: Deadline April 1, 2023
- Park County, Montana Resident: Deadline April 1, 2023
- Diversity Scholarships: Deadlines Feb. 1 and April 1, 2023
- Native Scholarship: Deadline April 1, 2023
What do we mean by a "diverse writer”? Diversity includes a range of experiences from things like gender, sexual orientation, and race, to religion, abilities, and economic background — anything that lends a different lens through which a writer might view (and therefore respond to) the world.
Please note: All scholarship funds will be allocated by June 1, and no scholarship applications will be taken after the May 1 deadline.